Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Akidis: Huggins Rehab Seems To Be Working

It's week three of the "Senate Bipolar Working Group," and here is an update for those of you who fell asleep when Lyda Green started talking in the first press conference and have been asleep since that time. The most noticeable progress in this week's press conference was the actions of Senator Charlie Huggins, or lack of certain actions. The first two press conferences that Sen. Huggins attended found him saying the following:

January 16th
"(referring to Lyda Green) Well, first of all, Id just like to say to Alaskans, in my experience in dealing with any sort of challenges it takes great leadership. And I invite you to look to once again at my senate president Lyda Green who is my neighbor, we live in Mat-Su, and we’ve shared a lot of experiences together. Most important in the Senate for those who have been around awhile, she has carried the heavy loads for the state for our community, she has delivered on those. And now she has ridden to the pinnacle, the leadership in the Senate."

January 30th
(referring to the Governor's ball in Mat-Su) there were a lot of people outside the state, well outside Mat-Su wanting to pose with Senator Green as the president of the Senate. Quite frankly there is a positive expectation out of the senate house legislature and the governor this year getting things done….I’ve only been here two years; I used to be the number 20 guy, I’m now number 18 guy in the senate, but in those two years, my experiences this year, we have the most positive attitude, and cooperative attitude, if you will, among senate members that I’ve seen. And that’s a congratulations to Sen. Green and her
leadership.


What a pawn.

In the February 6th press conference, he didn't brown-nose at all.

Apparently, either Sen. Huggins is in therapy (and it seems to be working well) or someone told him that he couldn't fulfill his duties as a senator with his lips firmly planted on Lyda's ass. I vote for the former, primarily because it's probably something he can't help. Remind me to send Sen. Huggins some lip balm and a copy of Winston Churchill's memoirs.

Seriously, I don't hate Sen. Huggins; it's just good to see him finally act like a man.

No comments: