Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Is Anchorage Daily News Responding to ASP?

ADN has a political blog which we here at ASP try to frequent as much as possible. Kyle does a pretty good job. On February 3rd, ASP launched its first post. Four days later, ADN launches another political blog on Juneau. No offense to the writer (whoever it is), but I would call it average. Now, ADN has launched a third blog, this time written by the editor. Ironically, the first post (at least the first post I can find), entitled "When We Get It Wrong...," came just five days after Akidis' partially retracted post on Stefan Milikowski's reporting, and just eleven days after Akidis posted on Alaska Public Radio censoring their report on the Tongass. The question is, did ADN start the two later blogs because of this site?

I don't know, nor do I care. I don't think in terms of marketing, so it may be violating savvy business practices to point out their sites, but again, I don't care. Welcome to the conversation, gentlemen.

(By the way, Mr. ADN Editor, Lynn wanted me to say that as a woman she found it offensive that in your bio on the blog, you named your two dogs, but you did not name your kid. Best to get that changed. Also, you need to put your name or pen name somewhere, so people don't call you Mr. Editor.)

No comments: